Bought an Android phone or tablet and want to transfer the contacts on your old Nokia phone (running Symbian or Windows Phone) to the Android device? You are in the right place! In this tutorial I’ll introduce 6 methods to export contacts from Nokia to Android phone or tablet, which is super useful if you want to switch from Nokia to Android.
Method 1: How to Transfer Contacts from Nokia to Android Phone or Tablet with MobileTrans
Applies to Nokia phones running Windows Phone 8, Windows Phone 8.1, Windows 10 Mobile, Symbian 40, Symbian 60 and Symbian^3.
MobileTrans is an easy-to-use phone to phone transfer software for iOS, Android, Windows Phone, BlackBerry and Nokia Symbian users to transfer contacts, photos, music, videos, messages, call history, apps and more between two devices, e.g. transferring contacts from iPhone to iPad, transferring apps from old Android to new Android, transferring music from iPhone to Android, etc. with only 1 click.
After downloading the phone transfer MobileTrans for Windows or MobileTrans for Mac, install and run it on your computer.
Here are steps guiding you to export contacts from Nokia to Android with the phone transfer MobileTrans:
- Connect both your Nokia phone (running Windows Phone or Symbian) and your Android phone or tablet to the computer;
- Select the “Phone to Phone Transfer” mode on the left of the “Please select a solution” (first) interface of the software.;
- When both the two devices are found by the software, the data types that are supported to transfer from your Nokia to Android will be available to select in the middle. Tick the checkbox before “Contacts” if you want to copy contacts from Nokia to Android.
- Click “Start Copy” to start to send contacts from Nokia to Android. After a short while, all the contacts on your Nokia should be available on your Android device.
Method 2: How to Sync Contacts from Nokia to Android Using Nokia Suite and Android File Transfer
Applies to non-Lumia Nokia phones.
Nokia Suite and Nokia PC Suite are both Nokia-official sync software for Nokia users to transfer content (like contacts, photos, music, calendar, tasks, notes, bookmarks and Web feeds) between PC and Nokia phones, create backups and restore from backups with ease. Nokia Suite is developed for the latest no-Lumia Nokia phones, such as the Asha series. If you are using an older Nokia model, download the Nokia PC Suite.
In this method, we’ll take Nokia Suite as an example.
Android File Transfer (MobileGo for Android) is a professional Android PC suite for Android users to sync and backup Android phones and tablets. Data including text messages (SMS), contacts, apps, music, photos and videos are supported to transfer from one Android to another Android, and between Android and PC. In the following method, we’ll use the feature of importing contacts from Windows Address Books to Android to make transfer Nokia contacts to Android possible.
Here are the steps:
Note: To be able to sync contacts between Nokia phone and Windows PC, the contacts need to be stored in the phone’s memory instead of the SIM card. If your contacts are stored on the SIM card, copy them to the phone.
- Download, install and launch Nokia Suite on your PC;
- Go “Tools” > “Options” on the menu bar to open the “Options” window;
- Click “Contacts” on the left sidebar;
- Select the “Windows Contacts” option under the “Sync with Contacts Application” on the right panel and then click the “OK” button on in the bottom-right corner.
- Connect your Nokia phone to your PC;
- Upon the discovery of the phone by Nokia Suite, click the contacts icon (the second one) on the top navigation bar, or the “Contacts” square to enter “Contacts” windows;
- Click “Sync contacts” in the phone area to start to sync the Nokia phone contacts with Windows Contacts;
- Once the contact sync is complete, download and install Android File Transfer;
- Launch Android File Transfer and connect your Android phone or tablet to your PC;
- When the Android device is found by the software, click your device name under the “Devices” and select “Contacts” on the left sidebar;
- In the Contacts window, go “Import/Export” > “Import contacts from computer” > “from Windows Address Book” on the top navigation bar;
- In the pop-up “Import Contacts” click “Import”.
After a short while, all the contact in your Windows Contacts will appear in your Android device.
Method 3: How to Export Contacts from Nokia to Android Using Nokia Suite, NBU Explorer and Android File Transfer
Applies to non-Lumia Nokia phones.
NBU Explorer is an open-source Nokia NBU, NBF, NFB, NFC and ARC backup file parser, extractor and viewer. It can be used to check the content in your Nokia’s backup file created with Nokia Suite, Nokia PC Suite, and Nokia Ovi Suite and extract the content completely or selectively to your computer without restoring your Nokia phone. It’s especially useful if you just want to find some lost data on your phone instead of restoring your phone from an out-of-date backup.
2. Connect your Nokia phone to your PC with the USB cable given when you buy the phone and then run Nokia Suite;
3. Go “Tools” > “Backup” on the menu bar to create a backup of your Nokia content, if you want to extract contacts from previous Nokia backup, simply jump to step 4;
4. Launch NBU Explorer, go “File” > “Open” to browse and open the .nbu backup file created by Nokia Suite;
5. Highlight “Contacts” under the “File content” tab, then click “File” > “Export Selected File(s) or Folder” and choose a location to save the output .vcf files to your computer;
6. Run Android File Transfer (MobileGo for Android) and connect the Android phone or tablet with your computer;
7. When the Android device is successfully connected to Android File Transfer, select the device and then choose “Contacts” on the left column;
8. Click “Import/Export” > “Import contacts from computer” > “from vCard file” on the top navigation bar to import the saved .vcf files in step 5 to your Android device.
Soon, all the contacts on your Nokia phone will be found on your Android phone or tablet.
Method 4: How to Copy Contacts from Nokia to Android Using Android File Transfer and the Nokia Phone
Works for Nokia phones with S60 3rd edition OS:
Nokia 5700 · Nokia 6110 · Nokia 6120 · Nokia 6121 · Nokia 6124 · Nokia 6700 · Nokia 6290 · Nokia E51 · Nokia E63 · Nokia E66 · Nokia E71 · Nokia E90 Communicator · Nokia N76 · Nokia N81 · Nokia N81 8GB · Nokia N82 · Nokia N95 · Nokia N95 8GB · Nokia 5320 · Nokia 5630 · Nokia 5730 · Nokia 6210 · Nokia 6220 · Nokia 6650 fold · Nokia 6710 Navigator · Nokia 6720 · Nokia 6730 · Nokia 6760 Slide · Nokia 6790 Surge · Nokia C5 · Nokia E52 · Nokia E55 · Nokia E72 · Nokia E73 · Nokia E75 · Nokia E5 · Nokia N78 · Nokia N79 · Nokia N85 · Nokia N86 8MP · Nokia N9
1. Press “Contact”, then “Options” > “Mark/Unmark” > “Mark All” on your Nokia Phone;
2. Go ”Options” > “Copy” > “To Memory Card”;
3. Select “Yes” if you see “Remove existing contacts from memory card?”, (if there is no such messages, pass the step), then all the contacts on your Nokia phone will be saved as contact-name.vcf files to the SD card;
4. Connect your Nokia phone with computer. When the computer finds the Nokia phone, select “Mass Storage”;
5. Copy all the .vcf files in the directory /sdcard/Other/Contact/ to a folder of your computer;
6. Connect your Android phone or tablet with the computer and run Android File Transfer (MobileGo for Android);
7. When the name of the Android device displays on the sidebar of the software, click it and then “Contacts” in the expanded menu;
8. On the top navigation bar, go “Import/Export” > “Import contacts from computer” > “from vCard file” to browse the.vcf contact files saved to computer in the step 5 to import them to your Android device.
In a moment, you can find all the contacts previously on your Nokia phone on your Android device.
Method 5: How to Transfer Contacts from Nokia Lumia to Android Using Android File Transfer and Outlook
Applies to all the Nokia Lumia phones that runs Window Phone 8 or Windows Phone 7.
As we all know, all the contacts on your Nokia Lumia phone will be backed up automatically to your Microsoft account. In this method, I’ll introduce how to export your Nokia Lumia contacts from your online Outlook (also known as Windows Live Mail) to your computer, then import to the Office suite Outlook software on your computer, and finally sync to an Android phone or tablet.
Just follow the steps:
Backup Nokia Lumia contacts to computer
1. Visit https://www.outlook.com/ and login with your Windows account;
2. Click the white downward arrow icon just beside the Outlook logo on the upper right corner;
3. From the 4 square navigation icons, select the second one “People”.
If you visit https://people.live.com/, you can directly access the “People” interface.
4. Tick the checkbox “All” if you want to back up all the Nokia Lumia contacts. Select the people that you want one by one if you don’t want to export all the contacts;
5. Click “Manage” > “Export” on the top menu bar, and all the selected contacts will be saved as a WLMContacts.csv file to your computer;
6. Open the WLMContacts.csv file saved in step 5 with Excel;
7. Click “File” > “Save As”;
8. In the “Save As” dialog, select “CSV (Comma delimited) (*.csv)” from the drop-down menu of “Save as type:”, and then click “Save”.
9. Click “Yes” if asked to replace or overwrite the existing file;
10. Click “Yes” if asked to keep the CSV format;
11. Close Excel.
Import Nokia Contacts to Outlook software
12. Launch Outlook software, select “Contacts” and click “File”;
13. Select “Open & Export” and click “Import/Export”;
14. In the window that opens, select “Import from another program or file” and click “Next”;
15. Highlight “Comma Separated Values” and click “Next”;
16. Click the “Browse” button and select the “WLMContacts.csv” file, and then click “OK”;
Note: You can select some additional options to replace, duplicate, or do not import duplicated contacts.
17. In the next window highlight your “Contacts” folder and click “Next”;
18. Click “Finish” in the window that opens.
Import Nokia Contacts from Outlook to Android with Android File Transfer
18. Start Android File Transfer (MobileGo for Android), and connect your Android phone or tablet to your computer with the USB cable given when you buy the device. Also, you can scan the QR code given with the MobileGo app to get your device connected with the software via Wifi.
19. After the Android device is connected, click the name of the device and then highlight “Contacts” in the left column of the software.
20. Click “Import/Export” icon and select “Import contacts from computer” > “from Outlook 2003/2007/2010/2013” to start to import your Nokia contacts to Android.
Method 6: How to Send Contacts from Nokia to Android with Contacts Backup app and Android File Transfer
Applies to Nokia Lumia running Window Phone 8 OS
Back up Nokia contacts to computer with Contacts Backup app
1. Connect the Nokia Lumia phone to the same Wifi network with your computer;
2. Install the Contacts Backup app on your Nokia Lumia;
3. Open the Contacts Backup app and turn on the corresponding switch to “Backup contacts from:” either “Hotmail” or “Google”;
4. Tap the “Backup” button in the bottom;
5. Tap “Download”;
6. In your browser of your computer, visit the link given in the app;
7. A zip file named wp contacts backup will be saved to your computer;
8. Unzip the zip file with 7-Zip or any other unzip tools and you’ll get .vcf files of your Nokia Lumia contacts;
Import Nokia contacts to Android with Android File Transfer
9. Follow the step 6 to 8 in method 3 to import the .vcf files to your Android phone to tablet using Android File Transfer.
There are still other methods to transfer contacts from Nokia to Android phone or tablet besides the above 6 ones. If you have any other methods, or you have any questions or suggestions about the 6 ways of transferring contacts from Nokia to Android, feel free to comment below.